Fitness and Wellness
The Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center (AOERC), the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation (ACSR) and Tresidder Fitness Centers are fully equipped facilities servicing all your fitness needs with over 250 pieces of cardio equipment, a wide selection of strength training machines and free weights. We have full list Fitness & Wellness Services to help you get started exercising and/or to supplement your current routine. We connect participants to wellness programming across the campus community. Stop by and visit us today!
Fitness Center Rules
1. Users must be 18 years or older.
2. No talking on cell phones on fitness floor.
3. Exercise at your own risk.
4. Only Cardinal Rec Personal Trainer’s allowed to conduct training session.
5. Food and open drink containers are not allowed.
6. Personal belongings are not allowed on the gym floor or near the equipment. Please use lockers.
7. The Fitness Center and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
8. Proper workout attire is required. Jeans, scrubs, cargo pants, work attire, and swim wear are not allowed. Closed toed athletic shoes, exercise shirts and shorts/pants required.
9. Please do not disturb classes in session.
10. 30 minute time limit on cardio during peak times.
11. Please wipe down exercise equipment after use. This includes strength, cardio, and mats.
12. Re-rack all bars, weights and dumbbells after use.
13. Safety clips/collars must be used on all bars.
14. Outside equipment is not permitted in the fitness center (i.e. ab rollers, gymnastic rings, etc.).
15. Handstands and other inverted positions are not permitted in the fitness center.
16. After use please put weights and equipment back in its proper place.
17. Please report any facility related injuries or incidents to the staff on duty.
18. Please share equipment with other patrons.
19. No dropping weights (dumbbells,bars and plates). For Olympic Lifting, please refer to Olympic lifting rules.
20. Chalk is ONLY permitted on the Olympic Platforms.
21. If there is a concern, staff reserves the right to refuse use of facility.
Failure to comply with any of the above policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of Fitness Center privileges.
Olympic Lifting Rules
1. Must be a registered user. Place ID card on corner of platform.
2. Keep unnecessary equipment off the platform
3. Platform barbells and bumper plates are to not be used outside of the platforms
4. Always place bumper plates tightly on the sleeve and secure with a clip
5. When returning the bar to the floor, maintain contact with the bar when possible.
6. Only drop from an overhead position when necessary.
7. Chalk may be used responsibly, clean up after lifting
Are you hesitant to come to the gym because you’re not sure how to use the equipment? Don’t let that stop you! Our friendly fitness staff will help familiarize you with the equipment so you’ll be able to decide what equipment to use and how to use it in order to meet your fitness goals. Open to all students, faculty, staff and their guests. Come by the fitness center at the Arrillaga Outdoor Education & Rec Center (285 Santa Teresa) at 12:10 p.m on Tuesdays or the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Rec (341 Galvez) at 12:10 p.m. on Fridays to take part in the Fitness 101!
The Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation is committed to ensuring that its programs and facilities are accessible to individuals with disabilities. Below is some disability access information to assist you:
Arrillaga Center for Sports & Recreation
In an effort to better serve individuals with disabilities, adaptive equipment is available at the ACSR Fitness Center. Current equipment includes a Nu-Step recumbent bike/upper body ergometer, Sci-Fit bike/upper ergometer and various gloves and attachments for using weights. For additional information or assistance please contact Jennifer Sexton, (650) 724-2919, email@example.com.
Avery Aquatic Center
Open swim sessions: M-F from 10-2pm and Saturday/Sunday from 12-5pm. Accessible locker rooms and wheelchair lift available. For additional information or assistance please contact Rebecca Carpenter, (650) 725-0786, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Diversity and Access Office website.
Request for Accommodation
If you need a disability accommodation, please contact Sheila Sanchez, Disability Accommodations Coordinator.
Adaptive Recreation Activities
Please contact Sheila Sanchez, Disability Accommodations Coordinator if there is an adaptive recreation activity that you would like to discuss.
Stanford Hopkins Marine Station
A special recreation membership program has been developed between the Stanford Hopkins Marine Station and the Monterey Sports Center. The participants at the Marine Station contribute $40 per quarter towards their Sports Center membership and the Stanford Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation Department pays the rest.
For general Fitness and Wellness questions, please contact us.