- Recreation: Rachel Abair – email@example.com – 650-498-0762
P.E.: Tia Lillie – firstname.lastname@example.org – 650-723-7686
HIP: Jerrie Thurman – email@example.com – 650-725-4406
Support: Bernardo Tapia – firstname.lastname@example.org – 650-724-0449
- What are the start & end dates for REC/PE/HIP etc?
- HIP: 3/31-6/7
- If I have signed up for a class in the morning, would it still count if I went to a similar class at a different time?
- There are no make-ups without prior permission from Rachel Abair and the instructor. Once Rachel approves, they must show up 5 minutes early and ask the instructor.
- What about drop ins?
- Drop ins are allowed with instructor approval. Must ask the instructor prior to class, pay at the upstairs fitness desk, and bring receipt to sign in.
Fitness Pass Classes are $5
Small Group Training is $10
- When are the busiest times at the gym?
- In general, Mon-Fri between:
- Where can I register for spring classes?
- For class description, time, cost, & location — See:
HIP – hip.stanford.edu
PE – cardinalrec.stanford.edu
REC – cardinalrec.stanford.edu
To be clear, there are no in-person registrations. Everything is done online.
- Where are the classes held?
- Class locations vary from program to program and can be found in course descriptions. In general:
HIP – everywhere
PE – ACSR/AOERC/Athletic Facilities
REC – ACSR/AOERC
- How can squash/racquetball courts be reserved?
- Squash: squash.stanford.edu
Racquetball: first come/first served
- Can spouses or dependents of faculty/staff take recreation and/or PE classes?
- In general, anyone with a courtesy card issued by the University can take a fitness class.
HIP – Employees, university & hospital faculty, staff, retirees and their family members
PE – Students; non-students are allowed to audit with instructor approval
REC – Everyone
- Can I bring my children to swim at the new pool?
- Only during family swim hours(12-5 on the weekends at the AOERC)
- Is there a personal trainer on duty that could help me out with my workout?
- No. Personal trainers work ‘on demand’, so they are only here when meeting with a client. For basic fitness questions feel free to ask Rachel Abair or Bernardo Tapia.
- Where specifically are guests supposed to meet trainers for fitness assessments and personal training sessions?
- The Fitness Center front desk is where trainers usually meet their clients and for fitness assessments.
- Can I get a refund?
- No refunds – sorry.
- Can I take a fitness class?
- Desk Supervisors:
For small group training (TRX, boxing, RIP, jungle gym) see Rachel first. Once Rachel approves you must register in the class – see Bernardo.
For PE classes see Tia.
For fitness pass classes (Fit2Run/boot camp/indoor cycling/yoga/Zumba/H.I.I.T./Strength and Stretch) – Yes, see Rachel or Bernardo.