Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center (AOERC)
Located at 285 Santa Teresa Street next to Roble Field, the facility provides an additional 75,000 square feet of indoor recreation-based facilities and a 50 meter outdoor pool to the university. Features include a stunning state-of-the-art Climbing Wall and Outdoor Education Center, three beautiful indoor courts for basketball, volleyball and badminton, three exercise studios, Cycling Team and sports medicine areas, academic classrooms, and a 14,000 sq. foot Fitness Center which offers the latest in cardio and strength training equipment.
Recreational and instructional swimming is offered to the Stanford community at the Avery Recreation Pool and men’s and women’s locker rooms are available.
The swimming pool is named for the Avery family and offers recreational and instructional swimming. Men’s and women’s locker rooms and showers are available.
The Outdoor Education Center houses the student-run adventure program and outdoor equipment rental. In the 3,000 square foot space there is a lounge, library, collaborative working area, classroom, student officer working area, trip registration, rental desk, and retail shop.
• Indoor Cycling • Free Digital Daily Lockers • Central Air Conditioning and Blinds • Locker rooms and Showers
• 2 Sci Fit Trainers • 5 Free motion Incline Trainers • 6 Stairmasters • 15 Life Fitness Treadmills • 5 Rowers • 6 Upright Bikes • 6 Recumbent Bikes • 12 Precor Elliptical Fitness Cross Trainer (EFX) • 2 Precor Stepper Units • 7 Precor Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT) • TRX • 4 Hammer Strength Dual Adjustable Racks • 1 Smith Machine • Cable Cross over • Life Fitness Signature Series Single Stations • Life Fitness Synergy (Boxing Bag included) • Hoist Series • Hammer Strength Signature Series Single Stations • Hammer Strength Plate loaded Rack • Indoor Cycling Room • Stretching Mats (Set and Individual) • Regular, Incline, Decline, Curl, and Preacher Curl Bench • Iron Grip Dumbells and Straight Barbells
In an effort to better serve individuals with disabilities, adaptive equipment is available at the AOERC Fitness Center. Current equipment includes a Nu-Step recumbent bike/upper body ergometer, Sci-Fit bike/upper ergometer and various gloves and attachments for using weights. There are ADA parking spots located in front of the building. For additional information or assistance please visit the ADA page.
Facility Location and Access
Front Desk: (650) 498-0765
Fitness Center: (650) 498-0761
285 Santa Teresa Street
Stanford, CA 94305
For more information on how to access these facilities click here.
For facility rental inquiries, please contact Chris Spells at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 498-0753. For more information, please click here for our facility rental policy page and additional contacts.
Lockers and Changing Rooms
Lockers and showers are located downstairs at the AOERC. Additional Locker information can be found here. In addition to the quarterly/annual lockers, the facility also houses 234 day use lockers, of which 132 are located in the locker rooms and 102 in the Fitness Center. These lockers use keypad locks and do not require you to bring your own lock. Day use lockers are free of charge and please note they will be cleared out each night at the close of business and any left behind contents will be added to the lost and found.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found for the AOERC is located at the front desk. Please ask a front desk staff member for assistance. Toiletries and liquid products are not placed in the lost and found.
The AOERC is adjacent to several campus improvement projects (parking structure and new residences). These projects have eliminated parking in both parking lots on Santa Teresa Street (Lot 29 & Lot 31), as well as the street parking on Santa Teresa Street. Handicapped parking however, is still available on Santa Teresa Street. We highly encourage an alternative commute. The AOERC has plenty of bike, skateboard, and scooter parking. The nearest parking options for the AOERC are as follow:
- Parking Structure 2 (Via Ortega and Panama Street / A Permit, C Permit, and Visitor Parking)
- Lot 25 (Via Ortega and Panama Street / A Permit and C Permit Parking)
- Lot 22 (Searsville Road and Campus Drive West / A Permit and C Permit Parking)
Restrooms are located on the top floor of the AOERC adjacent to the basketball courts as well as in the downstairs locker rooms as well as the hallway leading to the Fitness Center.