Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation (ACSR)
The Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation (ACSR), which opened in February 2006, is a 75,000 square foot recreation facility for students, faculty and staff. It includes a 11,000 square foot fitness room with weight machines and cardio equipment, the Erickson Family Courts (three full length basketball courts), the Whiting Family Climbing Wall, seven squash courts, including one glass competition court, the Fencing Center, which is home to Stanford’s Fencing team, and a 3,600 square foot studio used for yoga, Taekwondo, Judo and other activities. Also located in the building for use by Stanford’s varsity intercollegiate athletes are the Lacob Family Sports Medicine and Human Performance Center, and Rosenberg Academic Resource Center.
6 LifeFitness Treadmills • 2 Precor Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT) • 4 Freemotion Treadmills • 3 StairMasters • 2 Expresso Bikes • 1 Nustep • 1 Scifit Pro 1000 • 6 LifeFitness Ellipticals • 13 Precor Elliptical • 7 LifeFitness Upright Bikes • 6 LifeFitness Recumberant Bikes • 20 LifeFitness spin bikes • 4 Rowers • Life Fitess Signature Series • Hammer Strength Motion Technology Selectorized • Hoist Abs • Preacher Curl • 6 Olympic Platforms • TRX • Indoor Cycling Bikes
Also available at all fitness centers, Weight Belts, Bosu Balls, Rollers, Bands, Dip Belt, Low to hi weight dumbells, Ab roller.
Fitness Center Policies
- Users must be 18 years or older.
- No talking on cell phones on the fitness floor.
- Exercise at your own risk.
- Only Stanford Recreation Personal Trainers are allowed to conduct training sessions.
- No food, drink (other than water), or glass containers are allowed on the fitness floor. Water must be kept in a spill-proof container.
- No personal items such as book bags, coats, etc. are allowed on the fitness floor. Please use lockers.
- The Fitness Center and its employees are not responsible for loss or stolen property.
- For sanitation and safety reasons, and to protect the equipment, participants are required to wear proper workout attire. Shirts, shorts/pants, and clean, closed-toes shoes are required. Jeans (full length or cut-off) or pants (with belts or exposed metal) are not permitted in the Fitness Center. Shirts must be worn at all times, bare mid-drifts are not allowed.
- Please do not disturb classes in session.
- 30 minute time limit on cardio during peak times.
- Please wipe down exercise equipment after use. This includes strength, cardio, and mats.
- Re-rack all bars, weights, and dumbbells after use.
- Safety clips/collars must be used on all bars.
- After use please return all weights and equipment back to its proper place.
- Please report any facility related injuries or incidents to the staff on duty.
- Please share equipment with other patrons.
- Do not remove equipment from the Fitness Center.
- No dropping of dumbbells, bars, and plates.
- No chalk allowed, except on Olympic Platforms.
- Any filming, photography or postings on the fitness floor must be pre-approved by the Assistant Director of Fitness Facilities.
Participants and guests must abide by all posted and written policies as well as comply with request made by Fitness Center Staff. Staff reserves the right to refuse service to any participant.
In an effort to better serve individuals with disabilities, adaptive equipment is available at the ACSR Fitness Center. Current equipment includes a Nu-Step recumbent bike/upper body ergometer, Sci-Fit bike/upper ergometer and various gloves and attachments for using weights. For additional information or assistance please visit the ADA Page.
Facility Location and Access
Front Desk: (650) 724-9872
Fitness Center: (650) 725-5622
341 Galvez Street
Stanford, CA 94305
For more information on how to access these facilities click here.
For facility rental inquiries, please contact Wes Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 498-0763.
Lockers and Changing Rooms
There are no lockers or showers at the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation (ACSR). Locker rooms in the Ford Center are located next to the Intramural and Club Sport offices. Additional Locker information can be found here.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found for the ACSR is located at the front desk. Please ask a front desk staff member for assistance. Toiletries and liquid products are not placed in the lost and found.
There is paid parking available at the parking lots on the corner of Galvez and Campus Drive. Metered parking can be found along Galvez St and parking is free all day on weekends and after 4pm on weekdays.
Restrooms are located on the top floor of the ACSR adjacent to the Erickson Courts as well as in the downstairs hallway leading to the Fitness Center.